Port of Corpus Christi
The Port of Corpus Christi is the fifth-largest in the United States in total cargo tonnage. It is also the largest oil-refining center in the U.S. and a significant petrochemical-producing region. The port is located on the Gulf of Mexico in Texas. Major towns near Port of CORPUS CHRISTI (Texas, USA) include Victoria, Texas; Laredo, Texas; San Antonio, Texas. The port handles a wide range of cargo, including crude oil, coal, chemicals, grains, and other commodities. It is served by a network of railroads, highways, and pipelines. The port has five oil, three-grain, and one coal terminal. The port is a significant regional employer, with an estimated 2,000 direct and 10,000 indirect jobs. It also generates billions of dollars in economic activity for Texas.
Export/Import requirements for the port include:
- All goods entering or leaving the port must be declared to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) office.
- A valid passport is required for all persons entering or leaving the United States.
- All goods entering or leaving the United States are subject to inspection by CBP officers.
- All persons entering the United States must undergo a CBP checkpoint.
- All commercial vehicles entering or leaving the United States must have a valid vehicle registration.
- All shipments of goods entering or leaving the United States must be accompanied by a bill of lading or another shipping document.
- All goods entering or leaving the United States are subject to duties and taxes.
- All goods entering the United States must be labeled with the country of origin.
- All food products entering the United States must be inspected by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Some goods entering the United States may be subject to quotas or other restrictions.
Address222 Power Street Corpus Christi, TX 78401 United States
Port AuthorityPort of Corpus Christi Authority
Coordinates27º 48′ 0” N, -97º -23′ -44” W
Channel46 – 50 feet 14 – 15.2 meters
Cargo Pier36 – 40 feet 11 – 12.2 meters
Anchorage31 – 35 feet 9.4 – 10 meters
Oil Terminal36 – 40 feet 11 – 12.2 meters
Max Vessel SizeOver 500 feet in length
Harbor TypeCoastal Natural
0-24 Ton Lifts
25-49 Ton Lifts
50-100 Ton Lifts
100+ Ton Lifts
and Highly reliable