Port Blair is the capital of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, a union territory of India situated in the Bay of Bengal. The city lies on the east coast of South Andaman Island and is the main entry point to the archipelago. Port Blair is a bustling town with a population of around 150,000 and is the administrative center of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The city is home to several government offices and the headquarters of the Indian Navy and the Coast Guard. The town is built around a natural harbor surrounded by lush rainforest. The port opens to the south of the Bay of Bengal. It is an essential base for the Indian Navy and the Indian Coast Guard. The Andaman and Nicobar administrations also use the harbor for shipping inter-island passenger and cargo vessels. The port is about 5km long and 2km wide. The harbor’s water depth ranges from 10m to 12m. The port of Port Blair is accessible to ships of all sizes and can accommodate vessels up to 200,000 DWT. The port has 14 berths, ten for general cargo and the remaining 4 for containers.
The requirements for shipping to Port Blair port are as follows:
- All shipments must be made through an authorized shipping agent.
- The required shipping documents must accompany all shipments.
- All shipments must be properly packaged and labeled.
- All shipments must be insured.
- Shipping charges are the responsibility of the shipper.
- Transit time may vary depending on the shipping agent and the destination.
Coordinates0º 0′ 0” N, 0º 0′ 0” E
Max Vessel Size–
0-24 Ton Lifts
25-49 Ton Lifts
50-100 Ton Lifts
100+ Ton Lifts
and Highly reliable
|City From||City To||Port From||Port To||Price||Shipping Line||Container Code||Valid To||Container Type||Distance||Transit Time|