Abu Dhabi Port
Abu Dhabi Port is the largest and busiest port in the United Arab Emirates. It is located in the city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE. The port is operated by Abu Dhabi Ports Company, a government-owned company. The port handles around 20 million tons of cargo and 2 million containers yearly. Abu Dhabi Port comprises three main terminals: Khalifa Port, Mina Zayed, and Mussafah Port.
Khalifa Port is the newest and most modern terminal, the only terminal that can handle large container ships. Mina Zayed is the second largest terminal and handles general cargo. Mussafah Port is the smallest terminal and handles mainly oil and gas. Abu Dhabi Port is located in a strategic location near the Strait of Hormuz, which is the busiest shipping lane in the world. The port is also close to the major cities of Dubai and Sharjah. This makes Abu Dhabi an ideal location for businesses that need to ship goods to the UAE and the wider Middle East region.
The Abu Dhabi Ports Company (ADPC) is responsible for regulating and controlling all ports within the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. The company has established some requirements and procedures that must be followed when exporting or importing goods through any of the ports under its control. Some of the main requirements that those wishing to export or import goods through Abu Dhabi ports must be met include:
- All goods must be declared to customs upon arrival at the port.
- A valid import/export license must be obtained from the relevant authorities before any import/export activities.
- All goods must be accompanied by the correct documentation, including a commercial invoice, packing list, and other relevant certificates (e.g., certificate of origin, phytosanitary certificate).
- Payment of any applicable duties and taxes must be made before the release of goods from customs control.
- Goods must be packed and labeled by the requirements of Abu Dhabi Customs.
- Vehicles used for the transport of goods must be registered with Abu Dhabi Ports and have valid insurance in place.
- Drivers of vehicles used for the transport of goods must possess the relevant licenses and permits.
AddressP.O.Box 422 Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates
Port AuthorityAbu Dhabi Seaport Authority
Coordinates24º 29' 52'' N, 54º 20' 47'' E
Mean tide2 feet
Channel46 - 50 feet 14 - 15.2 meters
Cargo Pier21 - 25 feet 6.4 - 7.6 meters
Anchorage36 - 40 feet 11 - 12.2 meters
Oil Terminal41 - 45 feet 12.5 - 13.7 meters
Max Vessel SizeOver 500 feet in length
Harbor TypeCoastal Breakwater
0-24 Ton Lifts
25-49 Ton Lifts
50-100 Ton Lifts
100+ Ton Lifts
and Highly reliable
|City From||City To||Port From||Port To||Price||Shipping Line||Container Code||Valid To||Container Type||Distance||Transit Time|