Taicang Port is the busiest and most crucial deep-water port in China. It is located in the Yangtze River Delta, about 100 kilometers north of Shanghai. Towns near Taicang Port include Suzhou, Wuxi, Changshu, Zhangjiagang, and Nantong. The port is a central hub for China’s domestic and international trade and handles a large volume of container traffic. Taicang Port was established in the early 1990s and has undergone rapid development. The port has over 60 berths and an annual capacity of over 20 million TEUs. Taicang Port is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment and can handle the world’s largest ships. The port is an essential part of China’s maritime transport system and plays a vital role in the country’s economy. Taicang Port is a key driver of development in the Yangtze River Delta region and is one of the most critical engines of China’s economic growth.
In order to ensure the safety of navigation and the environment and to protect the interests of the port, the following requirements shall be met for the export and import of ships at the Taicang Port:
- Ships entering the port for export and import must have a valid international maritime document and a valid certificate of insurance.
- The ship’s flag, registration, tonnage, crew, and cargo must be consistent with the relevant naval documents.
- The ship’s hull, machinery and equipment, radio equipment, navigation equipment, fire-fighting equipment, and other safety equipment must meet the requirements of the relevant international conventions and the laws and regulations of the People’s Republic of China.
- The ship’s cargo must meet the requirements of the rules and regulations of the People’s Republic of China.
- The ship’s crew must hold valid certificates issued by the competent authorities of their countries and comply with the requirements of the laws and regulations of the People’s Republic of China.
- The ship shall not be in a state of pollution and shall not pollute the port waters.
- The vessel shall not engage in any illegal activities in the port area.
AddressTaicang, Jiangsu 215400 China
Port AuthorityTaicang Port Authority
Coordinates31º 38' 23'' N, 121º 11' 14'' E
Port TypePier, Jetty or Wharf
Max Vessel Size-
0-24 Ton Lifts
25-49 Ton Lifts
50-100 Ton Lifts
100+ Ton Lifts
and Highly reliable
|City From||City To||Port From||Port To||Price||Shipping Line||Container Code||Valid To||Container Type||Distance||Transit Time|