By the end of 2022, the Consumer Electronics industry in UAE is expected to generate $1,852.00 million in revenue. This revenue is estimated to expand at an annual rate of 8.45 percent (CAGR 2022-2025), resulting in a market volume of US$2,362.00 million by 2025.
By 2025, the number of users in the Consumer Electronics industry in UAE is estimated to reach 5.7 million.
Electronic products can be categorized as finished and fragile goods. And their shipping necessitates extra care in terms of packaging requirements. Because of consumer electronics’ high value-to-weight ratio, they are typically carried or shipped by air; ocean freight to UAE is not considered a good option in this case.
You will discover A to Z of shipping electronic goods to UAE in this article. Along with how to pack electronic goods properly and other important considerations when shipping electronic products by air.
There are many reasons to ship electronic devices to the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The UAE is a major hub for international business and trade and is home to some of the world’s tallest skyscrapers and largest shopping malls. The UAE also has a rapidly growing economy and a large population of young, affluent consumers.
Shipping electronic goods to UAE has a high potential for a number of reasons. First, the UAE has a high concentration of wealthy consumers who are willing to pay premium prices for the latest and greatest devices. Second, the UAE has a young population that is highly engaged with technology. Third, the UAE has a rapidly growing economy and the future of the freight market in this country is going to be brighter, which means that there is a growing demand for electronic devices.
The UAE is a challenging market to ship electronic devices to because of its stringent customs regulations. All electronic devices must be registered with the UAE Ministry of Economy before they can be imported into the country. The registration process can be time-consuming and expensive, so it is important to work with a reputable shipping company that has experience shipping electronic goods to UAE.
When shipping electronic goods to UAE, it is important to pack the devices securely and to declare them accurately on the shipping documents. It is also important to be aware of the UAE’s customs regulations and to obtain the required import permits in advance. By following these guidelines, you can ensure that your shipment of electronic devices arrives in the UAE safely and without any delays.
Packing & Shipping Electronic Goods to UAE
You can use these packing ideas. It will ensure that your electronic products are kept as safe as possible:
Note: For shipping electronic goods to UAE or other countries, always maintain the original packaging intact and ship the goods in their original packaging as a rule of thumb.
- Divide the product into many parts, keeping the largest piece of equipment separate. If it’s a telephone, for example, you’d keep the battery, case, and chargers separate.
- All of those individual pieces should now be placed in their own plastic bags. If cables or cords are involved, they should be properly tied.
- The bigger parts should be double-layered and bubble-wrapped. Over the bubble wrap, use heavy strength tape.
- To fill a large cardboard box with packing peanuts, start with a large cardboard box.
- Now place the box’s biggest electronic component inside. Then add the peanuts to the rest of the package.
- Place the remaining pieces in the box as well. However, make sure that none of the other pieces collide.
- Fill the box with peanuts once more.
- After sealing the box, give it a good shake. Check to see if there is any movement inside.
- After sealing the box, tape it. You must tape the box horizontally and vertically as well as seal it.
- Take a second box. This box should be a few inches larger than the first, and then the first box should be placed within this one.
- Packing peanuts should be used to fill the leftover area. Then give it a good shake to make sure there’s no moving part inside.
- Tape all four sides of the box once again.
- Finally, apply the “fragile” label to the box.
- You may now weigh the entire item to determine the cost of shipping electronic goods to UAE.
You must pass regular quality checks on your goods prior to shipment. Quality control is required for the goods.
Quality Checking Process for Shipping Electronic Goods to UAE
UAE has its own quality checking process and set of criteria to which the goods must adhere. If a product does not meet the requirements, it can be rejected or destroyed.
You might be wondering why there are such regulations, so here’s why:
Any threat must be recognized by the carrier, and proactive measures must be taken. It is the one who is in charge of your product. The main goal is to provide maximum protection when shipping electronic goods to UAE.
These criteria are vital to consider if you want to test the sensitivity of your product:
- Extremely hot temperatures
- Dust and Moisture
- Electronic discharge
Standards That Must Be Met for Shipping Electronic Goods to UAE
To meet the standards of shipping electronic goods to UAE, you must comply with a variety of laws once again. It contains the followings:
HVAC and AC Units must comply with the GSO Conformity Tracking Symbol and other standards.
Make sure you meet the standards for Low Voltage Electrical Equipment before shipping. Its purpose is to assure electromagnetic compatibility and safety.
Labeling Packages for Shipping them to UAE
Meeting standards is not the only requirement for shipping electronic goods to UAE. Labeling is another extra step.
The most significant document for shipping any type of shipment or cargo is the shipping label. The following has to be written on the label:
- Origin Country
- Destination Country
- The Package Weight and Size
- Type of Service
Both the sender and the recipient need to know how to properly label a package for shipping electronic goods to UAE. Learn how to make a shipping label, how to prevent common mistakes, and when to print it.
A Step-by-step Guide to Labeling Packages:
Shipping electronic goods to UAE may fail if you make mistakes on the shipping label. You’ll need to do the following to properly place the package labels:
- Remove any old labels.
- Remove all of the shipping labels from the box. Make certain to hide or delete any barcodes or QR codes.
- Make sure the surface is clean.
- Place the shipping labels on a dry, clean surface.
- Secure the label in place.
- Make sure your shipping label is placed on a solid and flat surface. Don’t try to bend the barcodes or the address while labeling a small package. When labeling a pallet, ensure that the label is placed in a visible and secure place.
- Keep the label safe.
- Cover the label with transparent tape. It guards against scrapes and moisture.
What Documents Are Needed for Shipping by Air?
In recent years, air freight has grown increasingly popular; That is because of its capacity to move cargo anywhere in the world fast and safely.
Air freight and shipping products with air has its unique set of features. One of them has to do with the proper execution of the cargo’s documentation.
The following are the major documents needed for international air freight:
- Air Way Bill
- Vendors’ Invoice which includes a list of products and services provided, the quantity of goods, their finalized price, buyer’s and recipient’s contact information, and a description of shipped products.
What Documents Are Needed for Shipping Electronic Goods to UAE?
- Commercial and Councilor Services Invoice
- Certificate of Origin or Shipper’s Export Declaration
- Export Packing List for shipping electronic goods to UAE
- Bill of Lading (BOL)
- Certificate of Inspection for quality checking.
- Destination Control Statement.
The Final Word
Remember that these requirements must be met and the needed documents must be prepared. Because if you forget any of them, your goods may be rejected or returned to you. As a result, make sure you follow these steps. DFreight can assist you in the process of shipping electronic goods to UAE, you can contact our team of experts and provide yourself with ease of mind when shipping to UAE.
What products can not be shipped to UAE?
Excisable products, such as perfume, alcoholic beverages, and tobacco, as well as pharmaceuticals and perishable food, are not allowed to be shipped to the UAE.
How much is the VAT payment for importing to UAE?
To import to UAE, a 5% VAT rate will be applied. The only exception is imports of precious metals, which are subject to a 0% VAT rate.
How can I calculate my customs charges?
To calculate customs charges, go to the government website of your destination country’s customs or trade tariff page.
What are the available shipping options when sending goods from the UK to the UAE?
The most common option for shipping from Uk to UAE are:
-Air Freight: Air freight is the fastest and most expensive method of shipping. It is ideal for shipments that require quick delivery, such as urgently needed medical supplies or time-sensitive documents.
-Sea Freight: Sea freight is the most cost-effective and common method of shipping goods from the UK to the UAE. It is used for shipping large and bulky items, such as furniture and cars.
-Courier Services: Courier services are an excellent option for sending smaller, valuable items, such as electronics and jewelry. They offer fast delivery times, often within a few days.
-Rail Freight: Rail freight is a cheaper alternative to air freight, though delivery times are slightly longer. It is ideal for larger shipments that don’t need to be delivered on an urgent basis.
What is the estimated cost of electronic parts ocean freight to the USA?
The estimated cost of electronic parts ocean freight to USA will depend on a variety of factors, such as the size, weight, and route of the shipment.